1. As of today (February 26th, 2016) the internet is 8970 days old! This website will keep you up to date: http://howoldistheinter.net/
2. Jean Armour Polly invented the term “surfing” in relation to browsing the web. She got the idea in 1992 while using a mousepad with a picture of a surfer on it that said “Information Surfer.”
3. Over 1,000 computers can search a Google query in .2 seconds!
4. The first email sent was in 1971 when Ray Tomlinson emailed himself…it must not have been important since he doesn’t remember what it said.
5. The first spam email sent was just seven years later by computer salesman, Gary Thuerk.
6. Between 16-20% Google searches every day have never been searched. That’s ingenuity!
7. Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the modern web, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth.
8. The first website can be viewed here: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
9. More fun than fact, behold the Google of 2004
10. The fastest login to Gmail was 1.16 seconds!
11. Remember all those CD Roms you’d get in the mail from AOL? That stunt cost AOL $300 million to produce and accounted for 50% of all CD Roms produced back then!
12. Over just five years, the internet gained 50 million users!!
13. Speaking of marketing, over 1 million babies have been born thanks to Match.com!
14. If you look at amazon.com’s logo, the arrow indicates you can find anything from A to Z.
15. More browsing is done on mobile devices than desktops today. Tablets, smart phones, etc. Wow!