Having trouble getting a promotion? Check out these five tips to stand out at work!
1. Be a “yes” person. It’s important that you are able to complete tasks that you’re given at work without resistance. If a manager sees you are able to complete all the work you receive, it will help differentiate yourself from other employees. Bonus points for positivity!!
2. Seek out educational opportunities- There are tons of books, online videos, and articles online that can help you further your knowledge of your field. Take advantage of all these resources that you’re able to get (for free!!). Being able to do more will make you an important asset to your company.
3. Understand your strengths, and use them!! Great at social media? Perfect! Volunteer to help your company amp up their social media online.
4. Show a little of your personal side. Personal interests help people identify and remember you, which can be a big advantage when you’re trying to stand out in a large company. Just be sure that your personal life doesn’t overshadow your professional life.
5. Work harder than everyone else. Nothing is a substitute for hard work.